Storage needs are never ending, no matter you are running a business or want to have storage space for personal use. Cloud storage offers significant help in this case and is used widely.
Storage needs are now an integral part of every individual’s life be it a student or a business professional. This reliance on different storage mediums has compelled many people to bring about new and innovative means of storage. Cloud storage is also one of the very commonly used storage mediums that are helping several businesses in growing well.
Benefits of Choosing Cloud Storage (i)
When it comes to analyzing the positive aspects of cloud storage you can enjoy the below given advantages.
Savior in Disaster
Physical files and storage devices may amount to be a victim of any disaster and then all you are left is with empty hands, your important official data may be lost with no backups left anywhere. However, in the case of cloud storage you are ease of having a backup on the server and not available physically. No matter a hurricane hits your building, a fire breaks out or your physical devices are robbed your data will stay as it is and you will be able to access it without any hassle at all.
Safe and Secure
Cloud storage offers a secured means of storing data. Cloud storage providers ensure that they have stringent protocols in place and appropriate encryptions made which doesn’t allow unauthorized access. Therefore, you can be rest assured that your confidential information will always be in safe hands and you won’t have to face any loss due to it on the part of your business.
Easy to Share
Sharing files among employees and team members amounts to be a piece of cake. You don’t need to wait for sending emails and wait for receiving the updates. Once you have uploaded the updated file on the cloud storage and have given access to relevant personnel they may access it. The task of sharing your files becomes easier and doesn’t cause you to worry about sending them individually to every team member.
Offers Remote Usability
You can always access the files from any location in the world just by using the internet. Even if you are traveling or are located in a different branch of the same business, you can take a look at the files with a single click and even amend them when required. It is suitable for owners of businesses as well because they can always keep an eye on project updates no matter where they are and their employees keeping on updating them in the form of reports.
Costs May be Saved
The cost of cloud storage is very reasonable you can easily pay it off and when compared to the benefits offered by this service you would always have value for money. As with the physical devices, you have to purchase them repeatedly as soon as they fill up and there is no scalability available to upgrade the same device. However, in the case of cloud storage, you can always scale your cloud storage without any hassle and enjoy an upgraded space.
Drawbacks of Cloud Storage (ii)
As much as the positive sides of cloud storage are important to look at similarly you have to take a look at the negative sides of it too.
- Although the cloud storage is backed with very strict encryption but there is still a chance of their servers being hacked by hackers. You must keep this thing in mind and always be prepared for such instances although the chances are very few, still they do exist you must keep an eye on them.
- Internet connection is eminent, if your internet is down you won’t be able to access the cloud storage and it will somehow stop your work that would have not been the case with physical storage mediums.
- The cloud storage services itself even faces certain downtimes and until it restores back you have to wait doing nothing that may halt the operations of a business.
- You have to follow and agree to certain rules and regulations laid by the cloud storage service provider. Companies who offer cloud storage service may have a set of rules to agree and sometimes they might not be in line with your policies that cause a little conflicting situation for many businesses.
- In case of increased costs, or conflicts with the service provider you might wish to change the storage but it couldn’t be as easy as it sounds. Shifting to a new storage medium is very difficult because you can’t very easily transfer all your data from one location to another.
- It is always a huge reliance on the cloud storage service provider and when you don’t agree to any of their policies that may change, in the future leaving the services doesn’t seem to be an option at all.
Cloud storage services have plenty of clients all over the world and their benefits have made a lot of people opt to have hands on these services. Storage requirements of a business are always intact and people may need to focus on them in order to work in a proper flow. Hence, one must make sure to keep an eye on the pros and cons of this service before finalizing the agreement with the cloud storage service provider. Also, make sure that you agree on the policies laid by them beforehand to have a smooth working experience.