Propane gas is taking a lead in replacing the other fossil fuels with a very fast pace. However, before you choose to replace it as well, you must take a look at the pros and cons it has.
The means of energy have a huge significance in our daily lives; we need them for electricity, cooking and heating purposes. However, other fossil fuels have damaging environmental impacts, which have made the use of propane gain superiority over them. Many people have chosen to replace their electricity grid use and natural gas use with propane power and are much happy with this switch. However, everything is equipped with pros and cons and when looking forward to this aspect in propane here we have highlighted everything you must know about it.
Pros of Using Propane Gas (i)
When it comes to looking at the brighter side of propane gas, a few things that you must consider may include the following.
- Propane gas supports all your daily needs be it cooling, heating, cooking, baking, or grilling and that too with no additional hassles and a lot of ease and reliability.
- Propane tanks are portable; you do not need to worry about their mobility. They can be carried anywhere and everywhere, for instance, if you have a barbecue party in your backyard you can always take the tank there and light up the grill enjoying your party without worrying about anything.
- It doesn’t emit pollution; it is a clean burning fuel that won’t damage the environment and hence is backed with governmental approvals. Therefore, people who use propane add their share in saving the environment from all the emissions that have caused destruction.
- When compared to natural gas, the heating efficiency of propane is better, it is used less than natural gas and the results of heating are more compelling than the traditional techniques. So, for quick cooking and heating propane gas is a better option to be considered.
- You enjoy freedom by going off the grid, when you take a gas line from a local natural gas company you have to rely on them and pay them the monthly costs; also, you have to face the lack of supply and shortage. Whereas using your own propane tanks eliminate this aspect of relying on the gas supply company and your tank is with you to cater to your requirements.
- It is a non-toxic gas, which means if you are using it at home you won’t face any harmful toxins to be released and you are in the safe zone at all times.
- Many propane powered appliances have been in place and people prefer using them over traditional choices for a lot of benefits they offer, they reduce your bills, offer a consistent availability, and are better in terms of being durable.
- Propane tanks when ordered in bulk help you save on your delivery costs, so when using an ample amount of propane for every purpose you can always save on the delivery costs.
Cons of Using Propane Gas
There could be some downsides if using propane gas as well and this may comprise of the following:
- It cannot be compared to the power generated by oil, so as a replacement of oil you cannot benefit much from it as much as you enjoy when compared to other fossil fuels.
- The upfront cost of switching to this means of emergency may be a very tough and expensive job. You need to bring about a massive installation of many of your appliances and their initial prices may be high. Therefore, you need to prepare yourself beforehand regarding the investment you will be made to switch towards propane.
- The process of storing propane gas is done in a tank, if you own a tank of yours you are good to go but if you don’t own a tank and has it on the rentals you might end up paying a huge amount against that which makes the use of propane an expensive deal to crack.
- You have to keep a check on the availability of propane gas and its backup on your own which may be a hassle to keep an eye on, if your propane gas ends and you are not aware of it the entire system of your house may halt, this is not the case with usual grid supplies because keeping a check on availability doesn’t amount to be your headache.
Tips to Choose Propane Supplier (ii)
As much as it is important to make a decision of whether or not to switch to the use of propane, gas another important thing is to choose the right supplier. A few tips have been shared here to keep a check on the important factors.
- Make sure the supplier has relevant licenses and registrations to operate as a propane supplier so that you can be assured of his credibility.
- Compare prices offered by different propane suppliers so that you may pay what’s fair and stay protected from overpayments.
- Many suppliers offer warranties on the propane tanks that may be returned if damaged, it is always suitable to choose such suppliers that cater to these warranties.
- Delivery services on monthly basis may be scheduled with suppliers, check if your chosen supplier offers this service, it keeps you equipped with the availability of propane supply at all times.
- Ensure that the supplier is backed with relevant support and availability so that in case if you need an emergency supply they may cater to you.
Propane gas is replacing other fossil fuels in a very speedy way and hence the supply has also increased along with the number of suppliers. Therefore, gaining your share of propane appliances and gas is no more a new or difficult thing. However, whether or not you should invest in propane based setup is totally up to you and you can decide by keeping an eye on the pros and cons offered by this kind of gas and its uses.